An invoice is sent to Exceptions review in cases where the administrator either needs help from the finance department to process the invoice or if invoices are to be canceled.
Invoices can be sent to Exceptions review from the following steps in the flow:
- Coding and Monitoring Coding
- Review and Monitoring Review
- Approval and Monitoring Approval
There are three ways to do this:
- Click on the yellow button Exceptions review at the bottom of the Workqueue window.
- Click on the yellow button Exceptions review at the bottom of the Invoice window.
- Open the invoice, click on Send and select the option Exceptions review, then click OK.
When an invoice is sent to Exceptions review, the system requires that a message be provided stating the reason for the review.
No recipient should be specified when the invoice is sent, this is because Investigation is a fixed recipient (group queue) in the system that is handled by users in the finance department.
It is also possible to search for invoices to send these to Exceptions review, read more about this in the article Send searched invoice to Exceptions review.