Roles and companies (legal entities)
Roles are managed per installation (Customer) and are not based on legal entity (company), ie. all users within a group are managed in this window - regardless of which company within the system they belong to. As an administrator, you do not need to select companies to administer roles. However, created roles should be linked to the legal entities to which they are authorized, and the characteristics of the role are specified in detail for each company.
The purpose of roles is to use these to assign users properties and permissions, rather than setting the permissions directly on the user. This makes the administration easier in the event of personnel changes, as it is only the member of a role that needs to be replaced instead of re-administering all the characteristics of a successor.
1. Go to Organization - Roles in the black menu on the right.
2. Select which category of roles to display:
Partly based on companies
- All companies
- Selected company
Partly on the type of role
- All roles
- General roles
- Personal roles
3. Click on View
The roles shown in the list can be sorted in ascending and descending order by column by clicking on the respective heading.
Personal roles / General roles
For each user added to the system a personal role is created automatically. This is to enable the assignment of user properties directly to the user.
However, this is not to be recommended; all attributes that a user needs should as far as possible be assigned via a general role, so that it is easy to administer the system in the event of personnel changes.
(The use of personal roles is controlled by the UsePersonalRoles parameter under System Configuration-System Settings)
Search for a role
For large numbers of roles, it may be advisable to search for a role instead of listing everyone as above.
Searching for roles can be done through:
- Role name
- Role description
When searching, so-called wildcards are used to search for all roles whose names begin with one or more letters. * or % can be entered as wildcard characters.
Edit existing role
- Go to Organization - Roles.
- Click on View (as described above) and then on the role you want to change.
The same form will appear as when creating a new role, with all the details of the current role filled in.
Add or change the desired information on the role.
- To activate the company properties tabs, click on the company you want to make changes to.
More information about each tab can be found in the following articles
- Approval rights: What amounts and coding values the role should be entitled to approve.
- Report and Search access rights: If the role has the right to see reports and which invoices should be able to search.
- Special approval rules: Which special approval rules should the role have the right to attest on.
- Coding rights: If the role should only be able to code certain values, it is set here.
- Administration: If the role should have rights in the administration tool, it is set here.
- Other access rights: Here are permissions for i.a. confidential invoices, templates, and attachments.
- Save the changes with the Save button.
Remove an existing role
To remove a role, open it from the Role List in the main role management form.
Then select the Delete button. Confirm that the role will be deleted with OK. The role is then removed from the system.
Create a new role
Read more about this in the article Create new role.